Description: Do you need Compress Microsoft Outlook Files to Speed up the efficiency? Steps to minimize / reduce Outlook data file & compact Outlook PST file to shrink unused space.
In this article, we will discuss some corruption related issues in Microsoft Outlook files. We will also mention some steps to compress Microsoft Outlook files without losing any data so that user can access its messages.
Microsoft Outlook is the most used email client in the organizations all over the world. It has awesome innovative features and an easy user interface which makes Microsoft Outlook, a first and preferable choice by the number of individuals. This application is also used in many other organizations for communication purpose. It contains all the information like Emails, Tasks, Contacts, Notes, and Appointments, calendars, etc. Eventually, users save and store their emails and other data items in Outlook PST file format.
This makes the size of the PST file large especially when there are heavy file attachments included with it. Now a question may arise, “how to reduce Outlook data file?” In this article, we are going to cover ways and possibilities to compress Microsoft Outlook files.
If the size of the MS Outlook PST file is large, it may lead to unwanted corruption and errors. Also, the larger the PST file, the longer time the Outlook application will take a time to set up, search, navigate and shut-down. So, to access your account smoothly, it is required to compact the PST file. Outlook users delete the unwanted data from each folder in order to reduce size of PST files.
You can easily compress Microsoft Outlook files: PST and OST file formats by using the following manual approach step by step as shown:
1. Steps to Minimize Outlook PST File
Follow below steps to Compress PST Outlook 2016/13/10 versions are as follows:
- First, open File tab on the ribbon and select Info tab in the menu bar.
- After that, click on the Data Files tab.
- Now, open the Account Settings section.
- Now, select the Personal Folders and then click on Settings option.
- After that, in the General tab click on Compact Now option.
- Finally, click the OK button and select the Close option.
To compact Outlook PST File 2000/02/03/07, a user can follow these steps:
- First, Go to File menu tab and then click on the Data File Management option.
- Now select the Personal Folder and then click on the Settings option.
- After that, click on the General tab and then click on Compact Now option.
- Finally, click on the OK button and select the Close option to compress Microsoft Outlook files successfully.
2. Steps to Reduce Outlook OST Files
To enhance the efficiency of Outlook and a user can compress Outlook OST 2013/10 Files by following below manual steps:
- First, delete data items which are not required and then clear the Deleted Items folder completely.
- Now, go to Tools menu and click on Account Settings.
- After that, in the list select the options Microsoft Exchange Server and then click on Change button.
- Now click on More Settings option.
- After that, go to Advanced tab and select the Offline Folder File Settings.
- Finally click on Compact Now to compress the Outlook OST files.
There are certain steps to compact Outlook OST 2007/03 File as follows:
- First, in the Tools menu, select the email accounts.
- Now, click on the View or change Existing email account and then click on Next.
- After that, click on Microsoft Exchange Server and then click on Change.
- Now, click on More Settings.
- After that, go to Advanced Tab and then go to Offline Folder File Settings.
- Now, click on Compact Now and compress Microsoft Outlook files.
- After that, once the operation gets completed click on OK button twice.
- Finally, click on Next and then on Finish button.
Limitations of Manual Methods
There are some drawbacks of manual approaches that do not allow the user to reduce Outlook data files. Any user can try above-discussed method. But if it comes to get a perfect result, then a user might face some issues that are mentioned below:
- There might be a risk of data loss in manual approach.
- Above discussed process is quite lengthy and time-consuming.
- Proper technical knowledge is required to execute the process.
- In this process, a user may lose heavy email attachments.
Automated Solution to Compress Microsoft Outlook Files
There are many scenarios when manual methods to shrink Outlook data file of large size fails. Data security is the first priority of any user. In the compression process, it is possible that some of the email attachments get deleted. Sometimes the compressed file becomes inaccessible and a user is unable to open his files and folders. But to resolve this issue, you can try an expertise automated solution to compress Outlook PST file. The software provides a lot of features. It compacts the large PST file with options to save email attachments along with emails. You can also remove attachments if not required. You can get each detail of each file that is compressed. One can easily minimize Outlook PST files without any data loss.
It is easy to reduce the size of the Outlook PST file with the help of manual methods. But the process is too slow and time-consuming. At that time, it is recommended to use the best solution to free the space in Outlook mailbox. For fast customizations in Outlook, it is required to reduce the size of the PST file. If Outlook user is trying to reinstall the Outlook application then they can lose their critical data. So, the user can Compress Microsoft Outlook files to manage large Outlook PST files. By following such effective methods, a user can easily shrink PST files without any data loss.